Re: remote shell commands over tramp: output buffer hidden

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: remote shell commands over tramp: output buffer hidden
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 16:36:29 +0200

Gilles Pion <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello again,

Hi Gilles,

> I would like to signal a small problem when executing remote commands over
> tramp (i.e. "shell-command" when "default-directory" matches
> "tramp-file-name-regexp"): shell output buffer stays hidden and it contents
> are not erased

I guess you are using Tramp 2.1.10, aren't you? Then it looks like it
has been fixed already. Changelog from August 7th:

* tramp.el (tramp-handle-shell-command): Handle OUTPUT-BUFFER and
ERROR-BUFFER more robust.  Display output.

You will be able to check it when Tramp 2.1.11 is out (rough planning:
end of September). Or you give the CVS version of Tramp a try.

Sorry for not providing a patch based on CVS, but it would need time
to puzzle out what is related exactly to this problem.

Thanks for reporting, and best regards, Michael.