Re: tramp (2.1.11-pre); upgrade to gutsy and cannot open files on one se

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.1.11-pre); upgrade to gutsy and cannot open files on one server
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 09:59:03 +0200

Martin Flack <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm attaching a backtrace. Let me know if that's all you need.

Yep, that's sufficient.

> Locally, my temporary folder is /home/martin/tmp. On the server I'm
> having problems with, it's /tmp (or more likely not set).
>
> I unset $TMP, $TEMP, and $TMPDIR locally and tried again - this time it
> seems to do the copy ok, but stops on chown. The problem is that 1000 is
> my UID locally, but it's 503 remotely, so 1000 fails as one would
> expect.

There have been some changes with temporary directory handling
recently. I *believe* Tramp 2.1.11, released 2 weeks ago, shall be
sufficient in your case (you're using a prerelease), but I'm still
polishing this part. My final changes will be committed tomorrow or
so.

> Cheers,
> Martin

Thanks for testing, and best regards, Michael.