wish for tramp

From: twurgl
Subject: wish for tramp
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 10:44:56 -0400

Michael,

When in a dired and I mark some files and then do a "w"
(copy-filename-as-kill),  I get the list of names added to the kill ring.
If I go on then to do a "0-w", I get the list
including the full path.  But I invariably don't want the
"ssh:/address@hidden:" as part of the names.  I want just the path as if I
was on that machine.  Know what I mean?
The same when I have the cursor on the directory at the top of the dired
and I hit the "w".  I want just the path without the remote part.

Can this already be done?  Would you consider adding this if it isn't there
now?

thanks!
tom