Re: defadvice file-expand-wildcards ad-do-it value

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: defadvice file-expand-wildcards ad-do-it value
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 09:35:29 +1100

> The advice is active for XEmacs only;

Are you sure?  I see "sep" is the xemacs style, and the docstring says
not yet for gnu emacs.  But xemacs (21.4 at least) doesn't have a
file-expand-wildcards for the defadvice to affect ...

> I would like to keep the code as it is.

If you do then add a comment about the three dubious things
(ad-do-it return value, "(list name)" mangle, and ad-deactivate).

Incidentally, for the tramp filename case in the defadvice I wonder if
it might help to hide the tramp part in default-directory so the
file-expand-wildcards code doesn't see it and treat it as a char class.
(Unless the whole expansion is dispatched to the remote machine anyway
by some mechanism I've not understood ...)