Re: Better support for running magit over tramp

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Better support for running magit over tramp
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 09:03:57 +0200

Leo <address@hidden> writes:

> According to the updated doc, I have changed the patch as follows. Would
> you recommend this to be installed in magit? Thanks. Leo
>
> +        (dired-uncache remote-directory)))

Oops. `remote-directory' was meant as place holder only. I will precise
in Tramp's doc, seems to be misunderstandable.

Maybe `default-directory' is OK in your case. I do not know which is the
default directory of magit's start-file-process buffer. If you know,
that only files in that directory or in subdirectories are changed,
`default-directory' would be OK.

Best regards, Michael.