Re: tramp (2.2.5-pre); tramp-cleanup-all-buffers opens new connections i

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.2.5-pre); tramp-cleanup-all-buffers opens new connections in unmodified buffers
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 15:39:26 +0100

Dave Abrahams <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Dave,

> Sometimes I use `M-x tramp-cleanup-all-buffers' when I want to
> disconnect from everything and not incur any more network overhead, but
> it just noticed it was opening new connections when I did that.  How do
> I disconnect, quick and clean?  Should tramp-cleanup-all-buffers call
> tramp-cleanup-all-connections first?

tramp-cleanup-all-buffers calls tramp-cleanup-all-connections first. And
the code of both commands is pretty short, I cannot see where's the
problem.

What makes you think there is a new connection? Do you see related
buffers? Are you asked for a password? Something else?

Do you have a scenario for reproduction?

Or could you send the result of "M-x list-buffers", when this happens again?

Best regards, Michael.