plink on windows without "-ssh"

From: Jason Ramsey
Subject: plink on windows without "-ssh"
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 08:54:12 -0700

Hi,
I use GNU/emacs and the latest stable tramp version. These connections are to the "profile" within putty to handle various customizations that are stored there. In order for this type of connection to work properly the command needs to be generated with the "-ssh" switch. I have been accomplishing this by customizing the version of tramp that I use slightly.

Does that capability exist already?
If not what would be the best way to implement it without interfering with current tramp functionality?