tramp over nx

From: Leha, Andreas
Subject: tramp over nx
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 21:37:59 +0000

Dear all,

[This is my first post to this list, so please excuse if it does not
fit.  Also, please do not reply only to the list as I am not subscribed.]

Is there a way to get faster remote connection?  My naive idea was using
nx instead of simple x forwarding?

The background of my question is, that I regularly work with R on a
remote compute server and building up plots interactively is unbearably
slow.  The main problem here is R plotting (in this case ggplotting) as
it is much faster to render the plot to pdf and display the remote pdf
(also in emacs).

Many thanks in advance for any pointers.

Best,
Andreas