Re: tramp remote host mismatch problems

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp remote host mismatch problems
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2018 15:57:11 +0100

Hi Alex,

> Well, `tramp-default-proxies-alist' does not care the method of the
> final hop, only the user and host name. "/sudo:address@hidden:" and
> "/ssh:address@hidden:" are equal in this sense.
>
>>    tramp-cleanup-all-connections does not help.
>
> Agreed, it should. I will fix it next days (not just now; I'm very short
> in time).

Should be fixed now. `tramp-cleanup-all-connections' removes all ad-hoc
proxy definitions, but keeps the ones the user has specified explicitly.

>> This paths allows me to use custom defined 'docker' tramp method
>> which I use to connect to docker container in privileged mode on hosting
>> server:
>>
>> /ssh:address@hidden|docker:some.site.name:
>>
>> But then, I might connect to the same site using direct 'ssh' when
>> container has ssh access:
>>
>> /ssh:address@hidden:some.site.name#port:
>>
>> I am not sure if different #port here is causing this but it still tries
>> to connect to previous host using root ->docker path.
>
> Yep, this sounds wrong.

Should be fixed as well, ports are taken into accound for proxies.

Everything committed to the repositories. Do you have a chance to test
with either Emacs 27.0.50, or Tramp 2.4.1-pre in case you're using an
older Emacs?

Best regards, Michael.