Re: $HOME/.. great for Android 8 and Termux

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: $HOME/.. great for Android 8 and Termux
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 12:01:26 +0100

積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <address@hidden> writes:

> I found in addition to the tips mentioned on
> (info "(tramp) Android shell setup")
> for Termux on Android 8, one also needs
>   (add-to-list 'tramp-remote-path "$HOME/../bin"); else cannot find ls command
>   (add-to-list 'tramp-remote-process-environment "TMPDIR=$HOME/../usr/tmp")

I have no clue what "$HOME/.." would serve. Beside of this, the Tramp
manual cannot describe every Android flavor. It gives you just some
hints; the rest is up to you to find out.

I have no Android 8 device, and I cannot check whether this would be a
general setting, or just something good for your device.

Tramp is not for wimps!

Best regards, Michael.