Re: When no date, use now, instead of 0 (1970)

From: 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson
Subject: Re: When no date, use now, instead of 0 (1970)
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2020 01:56:42 +0800

MA> A better aproach might be to investigate, how you have invoked
MA> copy-file. I suppose you haven't called it directly, but rather
MA> indirectly in dired or so. Maybe there is an option to use current-time
MA> for the copy target.

Yes dired.

I would expect 1970 would never be the default and something went wrong.

But it got the permissions exactly.

Well as I only connect these systems once a month,
maybe some alarm bells should go off:

"Do you realize files are being copied without their dates, which will
be set to 1970? OK with you for the rest of this session? y, n, ?, C-g"

Else otherwise the user might not discover the problem until weeks
later, when he can't find his latest work as it is buried...