Check if file exists and ask before fetching, when copying

From: 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson
Subject: Check if file exists and ask before fetching, when copying
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2020 21:19:14 +0800

When we attempt to copy a file, but the target exists already, we still see
Fetching....
Overwrite...?

Wouldn't it be better to (do the check and) ask the question before fetching?
That way big files wouldn't be hauled over the cables, only to end up
not being needed, because the user has changed his mind.

[C runs the command dired-do-copy (found in dired-mode-map)]

tramp-version "2.4.2"