Re: Shell-quoting issue for sshx/scpx on MS Windows

From: Jim Porter
Subject: Re: Shell-quoting issue for sshx/scpx on MS Windows
Date: Fri, 7 May 2021 10:59:36 -0700

On Fri, May 7, 2021 at 10:45 AM Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de> wrote:

> Jim Porter <jporterbugs@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I'll see if I can get the automated test suites running today or tomorrow.
>
> That would be great. I had to stop for today (there's also other
> business, surprisingly), but I will continue tomorrow.

No worries! I forgot to mention in my previous email that if you have
Git installed on your Windows system, you should have access to the
MSYS2 port of OpenSSH. That might make it easier to test the different
cases so you don't have to wait on me to run the tests. I just added
this to my .emacs and it picks up the MSYS2 ports:

  (setq exec-path (cons "C:/Program Files/Git/usr/bin" exec-path))
  (setenv "PATH" (concat "C:\\Program Files\\Git\\usr\\bin;" (getenv "PATH")))

I also set `tramp-use-ssh-controlmaster-options' to t. Aside from
taking a bit longer when first connecting to the server, I haven't
noticed any issues. That said, ControlMaster might not actually do
anything on the MSYS2 port. Reports on the web about it vary, and I
haven't had time to verify whether it really works or if it's just
ignoring those settings.

- Jim

- Jim