Re: how to make tramp forget a host?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: how to make tramp forget a host?
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 19:32:05 +0200

Sam Steingold <sds@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi,

Hi Sam,

> How do I get the *Backtrace* for the "try tramp-cleanup-this-connection"
> error? (I am not getting it despite `debug-on-error` being _always_ t)

If you set tramp-verbose to at least 10, you get a backtrace in the
Tramp debug buffer for any call of tramp-error.

If tramp-verbose is greater than or equal to 11, Tramp function call
traces are also written to the buffer *trace-output*. Be careful with
these settings, you'll see performance degradation.

> Thanks

Best regards, Michael.