Re: tramp-container doesn't follow `ENV PATH` in docker file

From: ParetoOptimalDev
Subject: Re: tramp-container doesn't follow `ENV PATH` in docker file
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 10:10:46 -0500

> Indeed, it is just missing spare time I cpild work on this. However,
> your messages aren't lost, and I will take them into account when
> working on this.

Great. I'm sorta new to newsgroups honestly so wasn't sure if it was a
void thing or something that would be looked at first. Thanks for the
reassurance.

> My rough idea is to allow tramp-remote-path being nil,
> and then just don't touch anything from $PATH remotely. But I don't know
> about possible side effects.

Oh, that's good to know because:

- It tells me a potential avenue to explore if I look at this again out
  of annoyance
- It's very possible that changing tramp-remote-path like this could
  break other invariants

Part of my confusion and frustration was not having the experience and
understanding to know for sure where issues are because of
misunderstanding or because I'm treading new ground.

> Note that there's bug#61926, which is also about tramp-remote-path. When
> working on this, I'll try to fix both problems.

I'll take a look at that as well.