tsp-devel

[Tsp-devel] FW: Attempting to build TSP on FreeBSD

From: TSP
Subject: [Tsp-devel] FW: Attempting to build TSP on FreeBSD
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 09:56:37 +0100

Hello,

I'm very glad to see somebody trying a port of TSP on FreeBSD.
One TSP developer already managed a port to OpenBSD, and I hope it will be
quite similar.
The bug you got is quite simple, the configure didn't find you OS, that's
why it tries a build with TSP_TARGET=unknown and failed.

To fix it, I propose two step if you agree.
- You directly modify the tsp/make/Makebuild.list, and replace
TSP_TARGET=unknown by TSP_TARGET=freebsd
  You copy the Makeparams.openbsd and Makeparams.openbsd.debug into the
Makeparams.freebsd.xxxx
  Then you do the make again, with maybe some other fixes inside the code,
but I guess it will work fine.
- Then you mail us any changes you made, and we'll change the configure for
adding the automatic FreeBSD detection.

I've put the tsp-devel mailing list in copy, maybe others developers will
got another point of view.
May I ask you for what purpose you want to use TSP ?
If you need any explanation or documents, please feel free to ask.

Yves