tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] Request for a Mathematical library.

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] Request for a Mathematical library.
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 22:47:49 +0100

2007/12/11, Stef Euskadi <address@hidden>:
> Good evening all !!
>
> I am looking for a open source mathematical library, written in C that does
> the following job :
>
> Suppose the formula : sin ( a + cos ( 1 + 2 x phi ) ^2 )
>
> The output of the library is a double-linked list of C structures that
> enables
> me to compute the result as fast as possible :
>
> \--- sin
>       \-- ADD
>            \-- a
>            \-- pow
>                 \-- 2
>                 \-- cos
>                      \-- ADD
>                           \-- 1
>                           \-- MULT
>                                 \-- 2
>                                 \-- phi
>
> Any idea before I start coding something ??

Nope no idea.
Do you want to "parse" the fomula from file
or do you want a way to "represent" the formula ?
I'm not sure the double linked list is an efficient way to implement
the formula.
Depending on the complexity of your formula you
may use RPN representaion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_Polish_notation)
with only 2 stacks 1 for the operators/functions and one for operand.
Evaluation algorithm using this is usually both easy and fast.

However if you plan to do realtime computation for each sample
you get with this... I don't know how much CPU time it would crunch.

Could you explain your requirements a little?

--
Erk