tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] XMLRPC command channel status

From: Yves DUF
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] XMLRPC command channel status
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 11:17:23 +0100

Hi all

2008/2/5, Eric Noulard <address@hidden>:
Hi All,
Your (all of you) opinions are welcomed.
The question is:
   Should we remove the consumer side XMLRPC C code from
   TSP source.

--
Erk

Just to enlight the results of theses removing, and correct me if I'm wrong :
- C based consumers will only be able to use ONCRPC channel.
- Ruby and other nices scripts consumers will user XMLRPC.
- Java will stay based on RemoteTea, so ONCRPC.
- Providers will be able to answer both and more.

For the Ruby, Java, or Provider side that sounds perfect.
But for the C consumers, something slighty annoy me. The ONCRPC port to windows was quite painful (not for me, but for theses marvelous hackers that did it)
We could imagine that TSP compilation under Vista might raise some new difficulties :=)
Won't we regret the XMLRPC in that case ?

Yves