tsp-devel

[Tsp-devel] Question on data retrieved from different OS : endianness pr

From: Bettina TANOH
Subject: [Tsp-devel] Question on data retrieved from different OS : endianness problem
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 16:22:16 +0100

Hi everybody,

I have a question.
I want to develop a TSP consumer in Java to retrieve data from TSP provider running on different OS : one is Linux x86 and the other one is Sparc.
Data on x86 is encoded in little endian whereas on Sparc it's big endian.
I guess TSP consider this case : in the file "tsp_server.c" there is some code in comments about endianity management. But is this code operational and tested ? Is it sufficient to deal with endianness problem or do I have to add some code in another place?

Thanks.
Regards
--

Bettina