tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] Octet string and 0 char

From: Jerome Arbez-Gindre
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] Octet string and 0 char
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 01:00:56 +0100

2010/3/15 Eric Noulard <address@hidden>
2010/3/15 Yves DUF <address@hidden>:
> Hi
>
> 2010/3/11 <address@hidden>
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> We have a problem using Dadi TSP 0.8.3 and acessing a MIB to get Octet
>> string value :
>
> What do you mean with Dadi, I don't understand the word. Maybe I've spend
> too many time outside TSP.

Yes man.

Hi Everybody

DADI (DAta DIsptacher) is easy to use Blackboard-based data dispatcher
initially writtend by Fred Deweerdt.

It makes it easy to create a SNMP agent from a TSP blackboard enabled
applications.

In fact... it is the opposite ;-)

It uses a BB as base to implement a simple SNMP agent ;-)

I think Jérôme (ARBEZ-GINDRE) should be in charge now.

Yes, I am...
And dadi is in active developments.

>> The value charcter table contains '0' characters, and as Dadi
>> implementation uses strcpy/strlen for getting values, we only get first part
>> of data.
>> Is there any patch/evolution in progress solving this problem ?
>
> If I look on TSP buglist, I don't see any bugs similar, except maybe this
> one http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?26304
> But as far as I can see, it's still not closed.
> So I'm afraid you might need to fix that bug yourself, and send the patch to
> TSP-devel.

First of all you may try to dig a little in order to check whether if the bug
is at BlackBoard layer or at upper-level DADI or anything in between.

In fact, I had a direct contact with Yves Cerezal (we are in fact in the same compagny) and I agree that this is a dadi bug.
(as said by Robert PAGNOT in his respons !)

I'm hoping Fred or Jérôme are listening here because they
should have more knowledge in this area.

As you can see, I have a big reaction latency on the mailing list !

And as a last resort, try to fix and submit a patch I'll try to integrate it.

Yves Cerezal has already some patchs to provide... he is supposed to send them to me for integration.

Eric, Thank you for your small reaction latency ;-)

--
Erk
http://www.april.org