ulog-acctd-devel

Re: [Ulog-acctd-devel] ulog-acctd success stories

From: Hilko Bengen
Subject: Re: [Ulog-acctd-devel] ulog-acctd success stories
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 16:05:02 +0100

Geir Pedersen - Activio AS <address@hidden> writes:

> I am considering using ulog-acctd on a linux 2.4.20 router which may
> see around 100 mbit/s total throughput.

The ISP for which ulog-acctd was developed uses it for accounting on
some of its core routers, but the traffic we have seen there are
usually about 10 Mbits/s, sustained.

I can't really tell you anything about whether ulog-acctd will scale
higher or not.

> A test installation has been successful and the software looks good.

Good to hear. :-)

> Before installing onto the production system, it would be
> interesting to hear briefly from anyone here who are actually
> running the software under heavy load. Any problems experienced?

Watch out for "No buffer space available" messages in the debug log
file. This means that ulog-acctd has missed traffic. Increasing kernel
buffer sizes as described in the manual has helped us there.

-Hilko