uracoli-devel

Re: [uracoli-devel] Re: Introducing myself and my project

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [uracoli-devel] Re: Introducing myself and my project
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 22:40:09 +0200

As Axel Wachtler wrote:

> Or if you don't need FCC legitimation, then self building a module
> is also an alternative. Joerg and Daniel can give you advice on the
> RF part.

I never really looked at the respective FCC regulations though.  I did
conduct some measurements for my (older) "tiny230" board, aiming to
demonstrate that a home-made assembly could satisfy the ETSI
regulatory requirements.  ETSI land is IMHO somewhat simpler here,
because (in really short terms), you only have to *declare* conformity
with all the regulatory requirements (and you only have to do that
when giving the product away -- when operating your own devices you
are only responsible to obey all the regulations), but it's up to you
how you came to the opinion that you actually *are* conformant.  (The
actualy details are more complicated, of course, so in all practical
terms, you won't get away without an "official" measurement lab at
least somewhere in the process.)