uracoli-devel

Re: [uracoli-devel] anonymous CVS is down

From: axel_0001
Subject: Re: [uracoli-devel] anonymous CVS is down
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 06:41:33 +0200

Am Montag, 25. Juli 2011 12:03:50 schrieb Riemer, Björn:
> maybe thats a good time to switch to git (github) or svn(berlios)?
Yes there are plans for a version system change, but the project
should not cluthered around multiple service providers and it
should stay entirely at Savannah. Yes there are service disruptions
from time to time, but this should be similiar at other providers too.

As for the method to choose, here is my personal ranking list:

1) Mercurial
  - it is distributed (like git), so local patchsets are remain
    seperate, (good for working offline)
  - the commands are close to cvs/svn
  - it is pythonic ;-) and therefore supported on all plattforms

2) SVN
  - its mature and stable.
  - supported on all plattforms

3) Git (more likely not to be choosen)
  - complete new command set to learn and many
    new concepts in versioning, that have to be
    understood.
  - it is very Linux kernel centric and needs a
    maintainer hierarchy, as far as I understood
  - Linux is the best supported OS (Windows/MAC???)

Cheers, Axel