uracoli-devel

[uracoli-devel] Done - Change from CVS to Mercurial

From: Axel Wachtler
Subject: [uracoli-devel] Done - Change from CVS to Mercurial
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 22:22:04 +0200

Hallo all,

the Mercurial Repository is online and ready to use.
Here are its coordinates:

* Web-Page:
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/hg/?group=uracoli

* Anonymous Checkout (no commits possible):
  hg clone http://hg.savannah.nongnu.org/hgweb/uracoli/

* Developper Checkout (commits/pushs are possible):

  hg clone ssh://address@hidden/uracoli uracoli-ssh
  cd uracoli-ssh/uracoli
  scons all doc

You should remove your old cvs based working directory or
set it to readonly! - I'll open a ticket for removing the
old source repository from the web

Here are some hints for new mercurial users:

- http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/UsingHg - Quick Start
- http://mercurial.selenic.com/learn/ - Doc Links
- http://hgbook.red-bean.com/ - The definitive guide

"cvs commit" is now:
--------------------

If you have changes to commit, there is now one step more to do:

hg commit file.c -m "I did a few important changes"

# list what changes are transefered to the server (formerly cvs diff -u)
hg outgoing -p .

# transfer your changes to Savannah
hg push .

"cvs up" is now:

# see what will come in from Savannah
# before with CVS it was like russian roulette, you never
# did know what a "cvs up" brings in.
hg incoming -p

# if you are shure that you want to have it:
hg pull

Best Regards, Axel