uracoli-devel

Re: [uracoli-devel] Zigbit pins

From: Axel Wachtler
Subject: Re: [uracoli-devel] Zigbit pins
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 10:08:25 +0200

Hallo Alejandro,

On 08.04.2012 13:30, Alejandro Marco wrote:
Hello, i am new in the mail list.

Welcome here!

I intended develop a ZIGBIT 900 board compatible with Arduino, and i
have this questions.

1) the "pins_zigbit.c" is the equivalent to de "pins_arduino.h" in the
Arduino distribution?.

The directory uracoli/Contrib/Arduino is just a source collection. With
"scons parduino" a package is build that was intended for use with Arduino releases around 002x. (For historical reasons it looks somewhat messy in Contrib/Arduino, in this time we had CVS and there was no rename or move command like in mercurial now.), so pins_zigbit.c reflects the way, how in the old Arduino (002x) cores was defined pins.

Now there are a lot of changes in the 1.0 Arduino cores. I currently
sit and port the new core in a uracoli package. I will move this changes
to the repository in the next days.

One good thing in the new core is, that it is now a lot easier to support various board version with the "variants" directory.

2) How define and in where position the SPI pins, PWM pins, SDA/SCL pins.

I need some help for connect the correct pins of zigbit to the headers.

This definitions are part of the new core structure which I'm currently porting (they was not available on the 002x cores). I have to see how we can get this defined on a Zigbit. Especially SPI could get hard to port, since the mega1281 SPI is used for the radio transceiver.

But well, it would be great if you can give feedback on the arduino package. I send a mail around if the new package is available.

Best regards, Axel