uracoli-devel

[uracoli-devel] preparing release 0.4.0 before Linux Days in Chemnitz

From: Axel Wachtler
Subject: [uracoli-devel] preparing release 0.4.0 before Linux Days in Chemnitz
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 10:18:59 +0100

Hallo all,

just before the Linux Days in Chemnitz every year comes
a new release.

I want to branch out to 0.4.0 within the next days.

 * If you have unfinished things on the mainline (default),
   please bring it into a stable state (eventually by
   disabling things) until 2013-03-11.

 * please do not start new experimental stuff on the
   mainline until the branch is done.

The most phantastic new thing that will come in 0.4.0
is Samuels rewrite of the Atmel-Lightweight-Mesh (LWM)
that runs now on > 70 plattforms. There will be also a
Wireshark-Lua-Dissector for LWM in the sniffer package.
Daniel added a generic temperatur logger and host application
(supports currently RFA1 boards, Raven will come soon)
based on LWM.

On Friday we setup a small net with mixed uracoli-LWM
and Atmel-LWM nodes and saw that they can route/exchange
information among each other.

Looking forward to see your commits until monday evening,

Axel

PS: according to our SNMP presentation on the Linux Days,
... it was more pain in the a** then we believed when we
did start :-) ... but snmpget is now working with Conky and
Nagios, snmpset will come hopefully today.