usbb2k-api-dev

[Usbb2k-api-dev] usbb2k - skype

From: psychedelys
Subject: [Usbb2k-api-dev] usbb2k - skype
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 21:20:24 +0200

Dear all,

I saw your email about skype :
>The skype dbus component is unusable it seems , anyway , skype is a closed
>protocol software and in my opinion , I would not support them .....  BUt
>using the usb-b2k project , agood skype dev should be able to make it work

I'm fully agree with the protocol state, but sometimes life aren't
just white or black, there are a lot of grey in the middle.... (There
aren't just Jabber, sip,.. but also some other protocols like msn,
icq, skype, googletalks,....)

Join to the mail is a beta 1 code with a short instruction, with some
minimum function support for the skype api, just because I want to use
also my box when I launch skype to ring some friend with just skype
and nothing else. I prefer to use skype, than pick-up my phone to ring
the other side of the globe. BTW, I'm not a "skype dev", I just read
very quickly the skype-api doc.

I get some 'anomalies' sometimes with my box, like "KEY  ffffffd5"
without pressing any key, or in one go "USB DEVICE FOUND 007 HANDSET
OFF", or a double "HANDSET OFF","HANDSET OFF". So I will first get a
closer look to the api and may provided some patch. (Is there some
place in the development team ?) Before going further in any
skype-development, just to get some basic support usable (for me
firstly ;).

box : usbb2k-api
lsusb : ID 6993:b001 Freshtel FT-102 VoIP USB Phone
(well in reality, a USBTelbox noname from taiwan or china)

psychedelys

PS: Yeah, my python coding style is cheaty, I mostly never used python.