usbb2k-api-dev

Re: [Usbb2k-api-dev] Getting the yealink module to work with the phone

From: yealink
Subject: Re: [Usbb2k-api-dev] Getting the yealink module to work with the phone
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 18:07:00 +0100

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 09:06:41AM +0800, Steve Underwood wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The notes for the yealink module say you need to adjust your modules
> configuration so the yealink module will actually end up controlling the
> device. What exactly needs to be done? I did get the correct association
> once. The other times I tried it didn't. I'm not sure what I did
> differently the one time it worked.

I am not sure what you did either, but I suppose it has something todo
with (from README/yealink.txt):

1.1 Troubleshooting
Q: Module yealink compiled and installed without any problem but phone
   is not initialized and does not react to any actions.
A: If you see something like:
   hiddev0: USB HID v1.00 Device [Yealink Network Technology Ltd.
   VOIP USB Phone in dmesg, it means that the hid driver has grabbed the device
   first. Try to load module yealink before any other usb hid driver. Please
   see the instructions provided by your distribution on module configuration.

Henk