Re: Compiling with MSVCC

From: Daniel Diaz
Subject: Re: Compiling with MSVCC
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:36:16 +0100

Hello,

To compile GNU-Prolog with MSVC you should first install the cygwin tools
since the compilation process uses usual Unix tools (make, cp, rm, ...).

Then use --with-msvc with ./configure (also use --disable-sockets)
In a first time you can omit the provisional GUI Console using
--disable-gui-console

Example:

./configure --with-c-flags=debug --with-msvc --disable-sockets
--disable-gui-console

Then type make (under a Cygwin shell)

The obtained executables (gprolog.exe, gplc.exe) do not need the cygwin
compatibility box.

Hope this helps.

address@hidden said:
> I tried to compile gProlog (1.2.1 and 1.2.5) with the Microsoft
> compiler but with no success

> At first the cpp_headers does not find the header files, but this
> problem can easyly be fixed by invoking

>       cpp_headers headers.h gprolog.h ..\EnginePL ..\BipsPL
>       ..\EngineFD ..\BipsFD

> An second problem was a crashing compiler, this problem can be  solved
> by simply rerunning make.

> The third problem arises when the executables (e.g. pl2wam.exe) are
> run. Here an crash appears which cannot be fixed by just rerunning.

> Any hints what might help.

> Elmar

> __

                 Daniel Diaz
University of Paris 1      INRIA Rocquencourt
75013 Paris FRANCE      78153 Le Chesnay FRANCE
        web: http://pauillac.inria.fr/~diaz
        email: address@hidden