Re: Problems with linking C-libraries

From: Daniel Diaz
Subject: Re: Problems with linking C-libraries
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:29:58 +0100

Hello,

there is not enough information to find where your problem comes from.
However, I would invite you to:

  - use the -v option with gcc when linking (this shows the real command-line
    invoked by gplc, that is a gcc link command). You will see how your
    parameters are passed to gcc. You can then "cut-paste" this line modifying
    invalid parameters to see if this works.

  - if you use something like -L '-lmylib' try instead to pass the library
    as a parameter, i.e. the file libmylib.a.

Hope this helps

address@hidden said:
> Hello, I got problems, when I tried to compile Prolog-Source-files
> with C-files, because I used certain C-libraries, that couldn't be
> found by gplc. I used the '-L'-Option to pass the library-pathes to
> the linker, but I always got an 'undefined reference' - error. I
> couldn't find any further information in the manual. Does anybody
> know, how I can tell gplc to use certain libraries to link, in order
> to get a native executable?

                 Daniel Diaz
University of Paris 1      INRIA Rocquencourt
75013 Paris FRANCE      78153 Le Chesnay FRANCE
        web: http://pauillac.inria.fr/~diaz
        email: address@hidden