Re: problems installing

From: Elmar Haneke
Subject: Re: problems installing
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 08:46:55 +0100

> First of all, after installing Cygwin, many
> necessary commands were missing (cat, expr, base/dirname, etc.),
> which I "solved" by installing a third-party package called UnixDos.

I did find these tools in my cygwin installation. Perhaps you should
install more packages in the cygwin-setup.

> Then the "configure" step was seemingly able to succeed, just for
> things to get crazy in the next step ("make"). Actually, "configure"
> is generating malformed files. For example,
> my "src/EnginePl/gp_config.h"´s will insist on having #defines like
> the following:

I did change config.cache, the configure script fails to determine the
size of long:

        ac_cv_sizeof_long=${ac_cv_sizeof_long='4'}

> Then, if I manually correct these #defines, another problem comes
> about: "src\enginepl\pl_config.c" won´t compile because it refers to
> identifiers, like CC, C_FLAGS, etc., which are only defined in a
> file that is never included, namely "src\EnginePl\gprolog.h".

This file is build during make. But, there seems to be an bug in the
stable release preventing it from beeing build automatically. I did
run this command in the EnginePL directory after the cpp_headers.exe
has been compiled.

cpp_headers headers.h gprolog.h ..\EnginePL ..\BipsPL ..\EngineFD
..\BipsFD

In the current "unstable" release this problem is solved.

Elmar