CLP(FD)vJust Prolog

From: carlos calderon
Subject: CLP(FD)vJust Prolog
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 12:07:28 +0100

Hi all,

Last week while doing just test examples of the things that struck me the most was that with a fairly complex combinatorial problem -a cryptarithmetic puzzle-. When coded without using FD it took 450 ms but when I used FD the thing went down to 10 ms. Unfortunately, I deleted the tests so I cannot confirm this (I remembered the figures because I thought wow..cool.what a difference!!).However, I was also playing with the order of the clauses and the cut predicate to improve efficiency ...and I could be mistaken..
Has anybody had any experience on this? or I am just talking rubbish.

Many thanks,

-Carlos