Fw: Reading from files?

From: carlos calderon
Subject: Fw: Reading from files?
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 11:50:25 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "carlos calderon" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2001 11:26 AM
Subject: Re: Reading from files?

 Cheers Wolfgang..

 The following works:

 go(X,Y) :-
             solve(X,Y),
            write2file(X,Y),
             read.

 read : -
         open('/home/carlos/gnu_prolog/example/files/test.txt', read,
 In,[type(text), alias(input)]),
 /*the alias input acts as a "global variable"*/
           set_input(input),
          set_stream_buffering(input,none),
         read_file_to_list(input,Results),
         showlist(Results),
         close(input).

  read_file_to_list(input,Array) :-
          get_char(In,Char),
         (Char = end_of_file
                  -> Array=[]
         ;
                  Array = [Char | T],
                  read_file_to_list(input, T)
         ).

 Now, it does what I want:  solve, write, read, display -for every X and Y.

> > I am just asking myself if this is the right list. All these seem to me
> be
> > prolog problems, and not GNU prolog problems. Daniel, which list would
be
> the
> > appropriate mailing list for such questions? Could you add something to
> your
> > doc that points questions to the appropriate list in the case this is
not
> the
> > right list?

 Again, apologise if this is not the right list. As I keep saying I am new
 both Prolog and GNU-Prolog and after reviewing the archives... I realised
 that there are very clever chaps here...so I hope nobody gets upset.

 Thanks