mingw to build gprolog?

From: Gerald W. Shapiro
Subject: mingw to build gprolog?
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 15:25:39 -0400 (EDT)

I would like to have my gprolog executables produced by gplc run without
the Cygwin dll, and I do not have MSVC++.

I have installed the new Cygwin, with the mingw package, but when I built
gprolog, I saw a message flash by that it was not using mingw.

Is there some option I need to set in the autoconf?

TIA, Gerald

{P.S. I am clueless as to how autoconf works... I just followed the
install directions with gprolog and smiled like an idiot when I actually
got an executable.]