Re: Building Gnu Prolog -- Tar utility...

From: Lindsey Spratt
Subject: Re: Building Gnu Prolog -- Tar utility...
Date: 17 Jul 2001 09:06:45 -0500

>Is there anyone on this list who builds Gnu Prolog from sources?

I build gprolog for Mac OS X: this required editing various parts of the
source distribution.

>Does it matter which tar utility one uses to unpack the distributions?  Is
Gnu
>Tar required?    My utility fails to recognise them properly.
>
>I can unpack the RPM files but they do not seem to contain the proper
>makefiles
>to do the normal make (rather than an RPM build).

I don't know about your tar/gzip problems. You might be able to use the RPM
files if you run 'src/configure': this actually builds the various
makefiles, tailored to your system.

(In my case, I had to edit configure.in, run autoconf to build a new
configure, then run configure to build new makefiles.)

Hope this helps,
Lindsey Spratt