Benchmarking Prolog Predicates.

From: Michael Closson
Subject: Benchmarking Prolog Predicates.
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:11:51 -0600

Hello All,

I am wondering what ways people have used to benchmark prolog
predicates.  My prolog program reads in a problem from a file and then
solves it.  I want to benchmark just the solver, omitting time for I/O.
Also I would like to know how much time the program was allocated to the
processor,  not something simple like end_time - start_time.

I was thinking of calling prolog from C and then using conventional C
techniques, but was hopeing for a simpler method.

Thanks ahead for any suggestions,
Mike Closson