segmentation violation

From: bruno patin
Subject: segmentation violation
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 19:08:14 +0200

Hi all,

I have a strange bug today. I learn prolog on the bratko book and one easy
exercice on it did something weird.

the directives :

p(1).
p(2) :- !.
p(3).

the question :

p(X).

on my linux box (linux 2.2.15, gcc 2.95.1, gprolog 1.2.1) when interactively
written, after the first answer X = 1, when I wrote "a" to have the other
answer, I got the segmentation violation. when I wrote these little
directives in a file and load it, there is no seg.

on my W95 box with cygwin, I also have no problems, other interactively or
by loading the file ??

Have you heard of something like that and what do I do to avoid this
behaviour.

thanks