error with programs linking with C

From: Hector Palacios
Subject: error with programs linking with C
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 16:09:19 -0400 (VET)

I got a kind of memory fault when linking my c program with the new
1.2.8 version. It did work with 1.2.1

So, I tried with the example that comes with the sources.
I had an error.
May be because the compiler (gcc 3.0.1) but it seems to be ok.

----------------

address@hidden ExamplesC]$ gplc -v
Prolog compiler (GNU Prolog) 1.2.8
By Daniel Diaz
Copyright (C) 1999-2001 Daniel Diaz
GNU Prolog comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
You may redistribute copies of GNU Prolog
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the files named COPYING.
address@hidden ExamplesC]$ gcc -v
Reading specs from /hlp/local/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.0.1/specs
Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/hlp/local --with-local-prefix=/hlp/local
Thread model: single
gcc version 3.0.1
address@hidden ExamplesC]$ make
gplc -C '-Wall -g' examp.pl examp_c.c
`-mpentiumpro' is deprecated. Use `-march=pentiumpro' or `-mcpu=pentiumpro'
instead.
gplc -C '-Wall -g' new_main.pl new_main_c.c
`-mpentiumpro' is deprecated. Use `-march=pentiumpro' or `-mcpu=pentiumpro'
instead.
address@hidden ExamplesC]$ ./new_main

Enter a name (or 'end' to finish): end

Fatal Error: global stack overflow (size: 4097 Kb, environment variable used:
GLOBALSZ)
address@hidden ExamplesC]$ export GLOBALSZ=50000
address@hidden ExamplesC]$ ./new_main

Enter a name (or 'end' to finish): end

Fatal Error: global stack overflow (size: 50001 Kb, environment variable used:
GLOBALSZ)

| Artificial Intelligence Group    | He venido para que tengan vida, y la   |
| Universidad Simon Bolivar        | tengan en abundancia. Jesus de Nazaret |
| Hector Luis Palacios Verdes      | address@hidden, address@hidden    |