ISO-prolog documentation

From: Pierre . Deransart
Subject: ISO-prolog documentation
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 17:00:05 +0100

There are regularly several questions related to the behavior of the
112 built-in predicates defined in the ISO standard of Prolog (Part I)
which are part of GNU-Prolog (and therefore not extensively documented)

Let me remind that there is a published REFERENCE MANUAL
 P. Deransart, A. Ed-Dbali, and L. Cervoni: Prolog: The Standard.
Springer-Verlag  1996
errata at http://pauillac.inria.fr/~hodgson/prolog/prolog_refs.html

and you may find the possibility to access live tests at
http://pauillac.inria.fr/~hodgson/prolog/
where it is possible to test bip's and small programs wrt the
standard.

The standard has been created just because most of the implementations
behave differently even on simple and obvious predicates as most of
the existing textbooks as well.

Official texts can be found at http://www.iso.org/

ISO/IEC 13211-1:1995   Information technology -- Programming languages
-- Prolog -- Part 1: General core (available in English only)
ISO/IEC 13211-2:2000   Information technology -- Programming languages
-- Prolog -- Part 2: Modules (available in English only)

Free drafts at: http://www.sju.edu/~jhodgson/wg17/wg17web.html

Pierre Deransart                        address@hidden
INRIA-Rocquencourt, Projet Contraintes  http://contraintes.inria.fr
BP 105