beta version 1.2.9 available

From: Daniel Diaz
Subject: beta version 1.2.9 available
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 22:00:45 +0100

Hi,

The 1.2.9 beta version is available at:

ftp://ftp.inria.fr/INRIA/Projects/contraintes/gprolog/unstable/

in various form: (.tar.gz, .rpm and a Win32 auto-instal setup .exe)

I have fixed some little bugs and worked on the Win32 port. The GUI console has
been redesigned and
rewritten to avoid to use the MFC (thanks to Jacob Navia, the author of
LCC-Win32). A Windows-like
setup is available. I only have tried this under a Win98 machine and I'd be
happy to have your
reactions.

If you want to associate a .pl to GNU Prolog. Edit the linked program for .pl
and in the open
command type somthing like:

"C:\GNU-Prolog\BIN\gprolog.EXE" "--entry-goal" "consult(`%1`)"

Here are the NEWS wrt 1.2.8 in details...

* re-write Windows GUI Console in pure Win32 (no more MFC)
* adapt configure.in to work with autoconf 2.52
* add Prolog flag back_quotes and values {atom,chars,codes}_no_escape
* use a terminal recusion in FD arithmetic normalization
* fix bug in bind_variables/2, reported by:
  Bowie Owens <address@hidden>
* modify Ma2Asm mappers to use Y_OFFSET (from ENVIR_STATIC_SIZE)
* fix some bugs in the Wam debugger
* add several options to the top-level to execute goals
* add an environment variable LINEDIT to control linedit options
* fix bug in linedit on \b in start of line (using ANSI ESC sequences)
* simplify linedit: only apply to stdin
* now linedit is reentrant
* now linedit works with XFree keyboard encoding
* rename built-in get_code_no_echo/1-2 by get_key_no_echo/1-2
* add built-in get_key/1-2
* use get_key/1-2 in the top_level + debugger (thus with echo)
* improve the top-level Ctrl+C manager
* fix bux on linux configured with --disable-regs
* add pipe to pl2wam stdin when called by consult/1
* fix bug in FD: forall is now recognized in .fd files
* fix bug in DCG: expand_term((a --> X), Y) is OK
* fix X paste problem in linedit
* simplify top_comp.c to better control include dirs in devel. mode
* specialized functions for create/update/delete choice points
* fix a bug in wam2ma (hexa name creation overflowed malloc buffer)
* include patch to support basic sockets under win32 - due to:
  Brent Fulgham <address@hidden>
* arithmetic functions and inlined built-ins use fast call
* specialized functions for switch_on_term_xxx
* modify pl2wam to generalize '$call_c' (add options)

>From now, I work on a Garbage-Collector (mainly written by Ruben Vandeginste
>and Bart Demoen)...

See you and Happy Christmas...

--