about constraint solver

From: sinh0011
Subject: about constraint solver
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 00:39:04 -0600 (CST)

Sir

I am working in the field of Artificial Intelligence and working in the area
of automated reasoning about action. CCalc , a publicly available software
system, takes as input a description of action domain, and translates this
input into prpositional logic and uses the boolean satisfiability solver to
answer queries about the action domain. here, the atoms are boolean

Now , we are extending the action description to non boolean atoms. And we
need a finite domain constraint solver to answer the queries about this action
domiain.

I surfed the net and saw the finite domain  constraint solver that comes with
GProlog. As the boolean satisfiability  solver accepts input in terms of CNF
form, What is the specific form of input for this finite domain constraint
solver.

Please provide me all this information , that will help me i enhancing the
insight about this constarint solver and will help me in selecting the right
solver. My heartiest thanks for taking off your valuable time to help me.

Regards

Sweta