Re: prolog/mysql

From: Vic Bancroft
Subject: Re: prolog/mysql
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 23:40:06 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Bram wrote:

> I was looking for an interface for prolog to a mysql database and all I
> could find was your question on a mailinglist.

Well, I did get a copy of the original version and am working on a new
one.  Both have been added to the sourceforge CVS server in the gprolog
contribs module as gplmysql . . .

> Did you ever find this? If so can you send it to me?

Yea, in a round about way, it surfaced.  You might read my response to a
similar question in the archive,

  http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/users-prolog/2002-January/001126.html

What sorts of interests do you have that might be served by the mix of
relational schema for the extension of your sets into the gprolog logic
programming framework ?

I have been considering using it to store n-tuple word sequence counts for
the FAQ distillery, currently visible at

  http://www.ai.uga.edu/~bancroft/pub/gplfaq/faq_parse.pl

In particular, the following dynamic predicates are cadidates for storing
in the relational schema [2],

  :- dynamic( chunk/2 ).
  :- dynamic( line/2 ).
  :- dynamic( message_interval/2 ).
  :- dynamic( transition/3 ).
  :- dynamic( transition/4 ).

The gplfaq example is in the early stages, the parsed chunks have not been
converted to words, much less mapped to something sophisticated like
WordNet [2].  Nor have the lines been transformed into proper utterances,
though the idea of a grammer emerging from the statistical frequency of
word use is intriguing.

> thanks,

De nada =;>

more,
l8r,

--
katabatic cohabitation :  to live together as if a married couple or in
company;

[1] http://www.ai.uga.edu/~bancroft/pub/gplfaq/faq_parse.sql

[2] http://www.cogsci.princeton.edu/~wn/