RE: Help - Random predicate

From: Detlef Sax
Subject: RE: Help - Random predicate
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 18:58:32 +0100 (CET)

On 28-Feb-2002 Vidhya Subramanian wrote:
Hi,
>  i want to select an element randomly from a given list. i don't know
> how to use the random predicate. can anyone help me?

Maybe. Please have a look at the following code.
word_char/2 is a test if char is within ascii.
If you are on a unix you're able to look at man ascii
for the decimal values of the char codes.
If you're not, you can look in a manual for a older printer
or get ascii codes by using a search engine.

%get_one(+Length, -Password)
get_one(0, []) :- !.
get_one(N, [L|Rest]) :-
        repeat,