RE: GNU prolog and GNU MP

From: Paul Leader
Subject: RE: GNU prolog and GNU MP
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 10:01:42 +0100

I would be very interested in this as well.

I would like to be able to use gpl's constraint solver but I have to have
arbitrary arithmetic.  At the moment I use poplog but that lacks any real
support for constraints.

I suspect that the conversion might be rather hard, or at best very time
consuming.  The question is, can the basic structure and algoritms in gpl
handle a conversion like this without breaking?  I don't really know enough
about the inner working of gpl, although this could be a very good learning
exercise :->

I think it is time that I dug out the gpl source code and started having a
poke around.

Paul