Re: app throws "illegal instruction"

From: Daniel Diaz
Subject: Re: app throws "illegal instruction"
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 12:03:07 +0200

Hi Frank, it is not obvious to see what's wrong. The first think you can
do is recompile gprolog on your own machine (maybe it is a problem with
an incompatible library).
So get the last .tar.gz (1.2.12 is OK).

ftp://ftp.inria.fr/INRIA/Projects/contraintes/gprolog/unstable/gprolog-1.2.12.tar.gz

To test without installing the system:

uncompress the package,
cd gprolog-1.2.12/src
source SETVARS (under bash or else use the file CSHSETVARS)
./configure
make

The file SETVARS sets the PATH in such a way when you execute gplc or
gprolog it is the one in this directory which is chosen (so even if you
have a RPM installed it is not the RPM which is executed).

then cd to your application directory and recompile your program (use
gplc -v to check 1.2.12 is the version of gplc if you are not sure).

If the problem persists, recompile gprolog with debug options:

cd gprolog-1.2.12/src
./configure --with-c-flags=debug
make clean
make

and retry your app (you should compile it with -g to be able to use
gdb).
Then use gdb to see what happens.

Sorry I cannot help you much more