A few stupid newbie questions

From: Louis Kruger [PTA Programmes & Application Architecture]
Subject: A few stupid newbie questions
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 13:23:35 +0200

Hi,

Maybe all the experienced people on this list could assist me.  I'm using
gnu-prolog _._.18.

1. If I add a predicate to a file as follows:

assertz(pred(abc,def)).

and consult the file I get the message that I trying to redefine assertz.

The only way that I could get that to work is:

pred2:- assertz(pred(abc,def)).

2. If I add dynamic(pred) at the top of the file, consult the file, I get that
predic is static.

3. How would I be able to store preds in a file and read them back and maintain
the dynamic charasteristic.

Thank you very much.

Louis.