Problem with running Prolog on Windows Nt.

From: Chinmay
Subject: Problem with running Prolog on Windows Nt.
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:38:08 +0530

Hi,
I M a fairly new user of Prolog and I have downloaded and installed the
binaries for Windows.
It installed correctly but whenever I try to write simple programs (like
factorial) it gives me errors like,

"uncaught exception: error(syntax_error('user_input:5 (char:1) . or
operator expected after expression'),read_term/3)"

Why is it so?
The Prolog version for Unix works fine at my institute.
Plzz let me know where I m going wrong.It is really urgent.

Thankz,
Chinmay.