Re: Newbie trouble with ebg from the CMU AI archive

From: spratt
Subject: Re: Newbie trouble with ebg from the CMU AI archive
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 08:36:06 -0500

On Sunday, July 28, 2002, at 02:58  PM, <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm a newbie. I assume that the problem getting ebg.pl to process eb_1.pl (attached: both are said to be in Edinburgh syntax) is due to a difference between gnuprolog and Edinburgh prolog but I don't know enough (still waiting to get Clocksin and Mellish from BN) to resolve it. I know by looking at the gnuprolog manual the syntax of the error msg that's generated, but not enough to move foward. At this point, all I want to do is simple to get ebg.pl to correctly process ebg_1.pl. Any help would be appreciated.

For gprolog: assert/1 and not/1 are not defined in gprolog--use asserta/1 and '\+'/1 instead. For clause(foo(X, Y), Z) to work, foo/2 must be "public"; so add lines of the form ":-public(foo/2)." to the beginning of ebg_1.pl.
I've attached my modified versions of these programs.

Cheers,
-lindsey