Re: Making a library

From: Srikumar Subramanian
Subject: Re: Making a library
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 12:39:34 +0530

Hi Prologers,

Q: How do I turn gprolog into a library? Basically there will be a single libgprolog.a file and the header gprolog.h. #including the header and linking against the .a should let me use the engine.

I'm trying to interface to GNU Prolog as an inference engine from plain C code (under MacOSX 10.1.5, Project Builder/gcc). The API described in the manual is wonderful. However, I need to create a separate library instead of an application. "gplc" creates the application itself and the app works. I tried looking at the commands gplc executes and tried to build a library using a similar command set using my minimal understanding of gcc/libtool, but I always get a SIGBUS in the resultant app on the very first query.

Much gratitude in advance for any pointers.
If anyone needs more details, I'm willing to post.
-Srikumar
Srikumar Karaikudi Subramanian
mailto:address@hidden
http://homepage.mac.com/srikumarks (password: p-brane)