RE: stupid question

From: Detlef Sax
Subject: RE: stupid question
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 08:18:00 +0200 (CEST)

On 23-Sep-2002 Yang Yi wrote:
Hi Yang Yi,
> I am a absolutely new comer for prolog,
Please have a look at:

http://www.afm.sbu.ac.uk/logic-prog/

There are links to lot of simple examples in Prolog.

[...]
> one of them, it always give me one error saying "Can
> not ELF". What is reason for this?

ELF format is the format of linux executables.
Maybe you try to execute a linux gplc, a linux pre compiled GNU
Prolog version, on a Windows machine.

You gave no hints what operating system you are using,
nor the gprolog version. And you didn't exactly say
how you tried to compile the examples, so no one
can repeat the steps you did.

> 3.Is there any documentation for these examples?
A simple make in the example directories should suffices to produce
executables. If you run linux. I got no clue at all how it works on
Windows.

BTW: I don't either use linux.

bye
Detlef